Wednesday, April 28, 2010

We have a blog!

I have come to the realization that my memory is bad. And by bad, I mean awful. I have been trying to think back of things about raising Colin and I don't remember the details. I really wish that I had written more down. So I decided that I was going to start journals for both of the kids. I would write in them on a regular basis and then I or they would be able to look back at them for stories and details of their lives. I started them, they're going well. It's been 2 weeks, so they each have a couple entries. However, I got to thinking about it. They don't have pictures, they don't have videos. There is a lot of things that I will want to write about that will involve both kids and I don't really need to have two different journals to write it in. I read quite a few blogs about parenting and kids. I love how these women have taken this and been able to use it as a scrapbook of their lives. I think I realized that this is a great way for me to start to keep track of things better. If I like it, maybe I'll start to let our family read it. It would give the grandparents and everyone good updates on what Colin and Audrey are up to. So, I guess this is my first post. Hopefully the first of many. Hopefully the first of a great scrapbook for our family. Now I just need to figure out where to start. I think that I may go back to some of what I started in the journals and put it in here. And I hope that I have the time to keep up with it. I read blogs of moms with 5 kids, or single moms working full time. If they can find the time, I should be able to also.

No comments:

Post a Comment