Thursday, December 9, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving! (I'm VERY late)

I am so behind on this post. We had a great Thanksgiving week. We had a lot of visitors in town. My friend Colleen came with her friend Jay. I hadn't seen her since Colin's baby shower, so it had been awhile. It was nice to meet her friend Jay and I think he had fun skiing on Thanksgiving morning. Bobby made it in along with Paul's mom and Bill. Billy was down from Ogden for much of the week and Denice joined us for Thanksgiving.

I made lots of plans for dinner. I chose what we were going to eat and picked out all the recipes. Paul did most of the grocery shopping and that morning I really didn't end up doing all that much cooking. Every time I would get started on making something one of the kids would need me and I'd get interrupted. Thankfully Colleen and Carol were here or we might have all starved. We enjoyed lots of drinks and the pudding shots went over really well.

We played a lot of cards that day. We had a Euchre tournament(which I lost miserably. Jay taught us a new game that most of us enjoyed(maybe not Billy though) and he had a pretty good card trick. We were up until the "wee hours of the morning" or at least it seemed really late to me since my bedtime is nine.

Friday morning Carol and I ran out around 10(I didn't get up until after 9) to do some shopping. I had a couple deals I wanted to get at Target and she wanted to get a deal at Macy's. We were both able to get what we were after and we didn't deal with too many crowds or lines.

Friday night we headed downtown for dinner and to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights. It was really cold out but we had a good time.

Colleen and Jay left Saturday morning. I worked for a couple hours and everyone else watched football. We just chilled on Sat night and Bill and Carol left on Sunday morning. On Sunday, Paul and I decided we would put up the Christmas tree. Since we bought an artificial one after Christmas last year we were able to just run downstairs, grab the box, and put up our tree.

It was a great week. It was amazing to be able to have everyone here for the holiday. Thanks everyone for coming to visit us.

I'm too lazy to label all of the pictures but here's some of our week.































A video of Jay from he and Paul's morning of skiing.


We didn't end up with many videos of the week. This one is pretty bad because it is mostly just a video of a turkey carcass. I don't know what Paul was trying to do here but I'm including it anyways because it's about all we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment