Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I had a nice Mother's Day today. We decided not to go out to breakfast this year and instead Colin and Paul got up and made me a really nice breakfast. We had pancakes and omelettes and croissants. It was yummy. I love my gifts that I got....especially my mountain bike(although I got that a few weeks ago). I also got a bike computer and some new "coffee" mugs. They're really for my oatmeal that I take to work for breakfast and my newfound green tea drinking habit. They're cool because they are dishwasher and microwave safe. That'll make things much easier.

After breakfast we headed out to church. The kids came up and sang a song to the mothers. Colin went up on stage with the kids holding a flower. They had all the little kids up there but the big kids did the singing. I was so proud of him for going up on stage. He's getting to be SO big! Not too long of go there would have been no way he would have gotten on that stage. He was yawning while he was up there and turning around to watch the big kids sing. He was so cute to watch.





After church we came home and had lunch. Colin said he was tired so the kids went down for naps a little early. I went out for a nice bike ride. When the kids got up we decided to head out to Ikea for a couple things we needed. We always have a nice time when we go there. The kids have so much fun. Colin loves playing with all the toys they have. We ended up eating dinner there. It's so easy, cheap, and they always eat well...even their veggies.

It was a really nice day(other than the weather). I had a great Mother's Day thanks to my wonderful kids and husband. I realized when we got home that I hadn't taken a picture with the kids yet. So here is a picture of me with my two little ones...taken after a long day.



Also wanted to add Happy Mother's Day to all the special mothers in our lives. We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment