Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Tortoises are Hibernating

I'm really behind in posting but a couple weekends ago we went to Saint George.  We went with some new friends that we met at church. They have two little kids also, a boy that's Colin's age and a girl that's Audrey's age.  We got a big condo and all stayed together.  The weather was upper 50s and sunny.  We stayed at the condos that we stayed at last time and they have an indoor pool.  The kids LOVED the trip!  We had a lot of fun too.

Enjoying the nice weather at the playground at the condo


We went hiking again at Snow Canyon.  We really like the park.  We were able to go on some hikes we couldn't last time because the tortoises are hibernating.  Audrey slept through this first hike. 


Jenny's Canyon


Giving hugs



We were able to get out for a bike ride on Bearclaw Poppy while the kids were napping. It was so nice to get out.  I'm in this picture below.

Riding bikes




One night we went out for pizza....it was yummy

Swimming in the "indoor" pool.  It was like in a greenhouse. It wasn't very warm.  Actually, it was pretty cold.

 Having brownies for dessert


Hiking again.  We were hiking on lava rock and my shoe/pants got all tangled up in the rock and Audrey and I almost tumbled.  Luckily I had other people around to help me get my balance.  I felt like a first time hiker. 


Before we left for home on Sunday we went to the park and had lunch.  It was great park for the kids. They loved it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment