Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Power of Candy

This was the Halloween candy that the kids got while trick or treating.


They got to play with it for a couple of days.  Sort, count, organize.  They got to eat a few pieces. Then, they picked out 5 of their favorites and traded in the rest of it for a toy.  They were very happy with this decision.  Colin said "I love my candy but I love my toy even more."

Fast forward a few days.  Colin is quiet in the corner behind the couch.  I ask him what he is doing and he says "nothing" in a suspicious voice.  I ask him again and he says "Nothing....but I was hungry."
I ask him to show me what he had eaten.  He says he can't so I tell him to show me the wrapper.  He says "I can't, it's way under the couch."
I move the couch and find a stash of candy wrappers.  He had snuck all the candy, ate it, lied about it, and hid the evidence.  I didn't know a 4 year old could have it in them to do that.  
I am so afraid of 10 years from now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment