Monday, June 6, 2011

Almost 14 months

I figured I was due for a little update of what the kids have been up to. I'll start with Audrey and will need to get Colin's up soon.

Audrey has kind of been in a difficult phase. She is very clingy and has separation anxiety really bad. She hates any strangers. She likes her teachers at daycare but they told me that if another teacher comes in the room that she throws a fit. She also isn't sleeping very well. She has been getting up most nights crying. She'll stop immediately if I go in there but cry the minute I leave. I don't understand what is going on or why she won't consistently sleep all night. I wish we could get it figured out.

She is so daring. She climbs on everything which means she is falling all of the time. She tries to follow Colin with everything that he does. She keeps up a lot better than I would have ever guessed she could but it's still not good enough for her and she gets frustrated and she gets so mad if you stop her from following him. She loves to climb up stairs and jumps out of my arms everyday when we get home so she can go up them herself.

She's done with her bottles during the day but still taking one at night before bed. And, boy does she savor that one bottle. She drinks it so slow and I have the hardest time getting it away from her. She wants to suck on it forever, even if it's empty.

She loves her "lovies". Her bear is kind of taking a back seat to her blanket right now. I like the bear better because it is small enough that she can carry it around without it dragging all over the floor. That blanket has to be so dirty after this week of her dragging it everywhere. Hopefully this phase passes also.

She loves to be on the go. She loves taking walks in the stroller or being at the store. However, she hates her carseat.

She is eating really well but prefers finger foods and won't eat much that she has to take from a spoon. I think the only thing she'll take from me on a spoon right now is yogurt.

She hates having her diaper changed and it is a huge challenge to keep her in one place long enough to do it.

She still doesn't really have much to say. She will "growl" at just about every animal she sees. She's been saying "uhoh" again lately. She seems to say "da" sometimes to mean dad and dog but it isn't very regular. Even though she doesn't talk, she definitely knows what you are saying. Tonight I asked her to go get a book and she walked over, picked one out, and brought it to me.

She loves greeting her daddy when he gets home from work. She'll go running from anywhere in the house the minute she hears him coming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment