Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Colin update

I feel like there has been so much lately that Colin has been saying or doing that I want to write down and I just don't get the chance to do it. So, I'm going to give it a try and see what I remember.

At the park he can climb up all of these fancy ladders and steps and things that I wouldn't expect are made for 2 1/2 yr olds. He then goes down all the slides by himself and then climbs back up the slides. There is a bar hanging over one of the slides and he reaches up, grabs it and then swings from it. It totally freaked me out. I thought he was going to fall and had no idea where he learned it from.

He likes to randomly come up to me and say "Mommy, I like you." And then he'll add "mom, I like your eyes", "Mom, I like your shirt." A couple minutes later "I like your pants."

He loves Mickey Mouse and has some character stuffed animals that he sleeps with. Paul's mom sent out one of his old stuffed animal Mickeys that he had when he was a kid. Colin was excited to show it to me. He then had to go put it in daddy's bed for daddy to sleep with. It was so cute and he placed it so nicely on the pillow. When Paul went to bed he set Mickey on the nightstand. The next day Colin ran in to get "daddy's Mickey" and was all confused. "mommy, why's Mickey on the table?" I told him it was because Mickey got up out of bed in the morning when daddy did. He said "but my Mickey stays in my bed all day."

Last night we went to a neighborhood ice cream social. The neighbor's whose house we were at had a beautiful yard. They have waterfalls and ponds, chickens ducks and fish. The kids had so much fun playing around. As we left Colin said "can we go back there next week?" That night I asked him if he had fun at the party and he said "yes, but I was scared of the chicken"

Whenever I ask him to do something he'll answer by saying "yeah, sure."

He is in the middle of a major "why" phase. He asks why to everything. And no matter how many answers you give him, he'll keep asking why. It's cute, but can be so difficult to find an answer that satisfies him sometimes.

He is very cuddly lately also. He will just come over and sit on my lap, give me a hug and say "mommy, I love you".

If you ask him "how is it?" Instead of saying "good", he'll say "nice".

The other day I was home sick with a migraine and spent most of the day in bed. I heard Paul and the kids playing in Colin's room and called for Colin to come see me. He came in and jumped on the bed and cuddled me for about 15 seconds and then said "Mommy, I go play with daddy and Audrey, you go back to sleep."

I know Paul taught him this but it's still cute. Every time Colin sees an American flag he chants "USA USA USA". It's so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment