Monday, July 25, 2011

Our Garden

I recently changed my eating habits and haven't been eating any meat. Around this same time I decided that I would like to try a garden this year. We had talked about it before but never felt we had the time to do it. We decided we'd give it a try, start small, and not get our hopes up. Paul told me this was a project that was all mine and he didn't want to be stuck doing all the work, I had to do it. I talked to my dad about it and got him on board to help. He did a lot of preparing the area that we were going to use. It didn't stay very "small".

Since it was late in the season when we decided to do the garden, we started with mostly plants, instead of seeds. This was right after planting.


This one was taken a couple of weeks ago after my dad decided to plant corn. We've all had a lot of fun watching it grow. Colin gets really excited each time we go out and find more vegetables.

Starting to get some vegetables!


We actually had some zucchini from our garden for dinner last night. I didn't realize how rewarding it would be. This picture was taken with the phone for a size reference. I took it to send my dad, whose back in NY, so he could see how it was going. I figured I'd add it to the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment