Saturday, December 3, 2011

What Colin is saying now

1. Last night on the way home from daycare

 Colin: "Mom, can I take my blue blanket to school because I don't like my yellow one anymore." Me: "Okay Colin, but why don't you like your yellow blanket?" Colin: "Well Derek has a blue one and if I take my blue one then we will both have blue blankets."

 I thought wanting to be like your friends started MUCH later.

 2. Colin: "Mommy I love you, and I love Daddy, and Audrey, and Aya(nala). But I don't love Simba because he ate my poptart."

 He ate his poptart that he dropped on the floor about a month ago. Colin was so upset about it and obviously holds a grudge.
 Me: "But we still love Simba even if he ate your poptart."
Colin: "You love Simba mommy but I don't because he ate my poptart and he licks me too much."

 3. We have an "elf on the shelf". It is an elf doll that you put up somewhere in your house. Each night the elf goes to the North Pole to tell Santa how the kids have been and then comes back to a new place in the house. We had moved it from one spot to another. Then next morning....
 Colin: "Who moved him over there?"
 Me: "noone, he went to the North pole last night to tell Santa how you've been and came back and picked that spot"
 Colin: "you mean he got down and walked over there and climbed up the shelf by himself?" "Mommy, show me how he got down." "Mommy, I just want you and Daddy to tell Santa how I've been."

 I don't think the Elf has been that successful in this house.

 4. Talking to Audrey in the car.(We have been doing a sticker chart for nighttime potty training)

 Colin: "Audrey, when you get big like me you can have a sticker chart"

 5. After seeing the Christmas lights up at daycare
 Colin: "Mommy, when is Santa going to come put lights up at our house?"
Me: "Santa doesn't put lights up, you have to ask Daddy when he's going to do it" (Colin asked and the lights got put up that weekend)

 6. Driving home from daycare
 Colin: "Mommy, why don't we have a tire on the back of our car?"(must have just seen a jeep with one) Me: "Because our car is small and it doesn't fit so our extra tire is in the trunk."
Colin: "So if our tire broke and we only had 3 tires on the car we wouldn't be able to drive it? And we could use the extra tire in the trunk so we would have 4 tires and be able to drive?" "Can I put the new tire on?" Me: "Well you're not big enough. Mommy's not even big enough. I need Daddy's help if I need to put the new tire on."
 Colin: "So when I get big I can put the tire on and not need your help"
 Me: "When you get big like Daddy, you can put the tire on and I will probably call you to come help me with the tire."

No comments:

Post a Comment