Sunday, September 22, 2013

Balloons and Bikers

One week this summer Paul told me there was a balloon festival going on.  He wanted to get up early and take the kids to the morning take off....before work on a Friday. I told him he was crazy, that was too much to take on during the week, and I forgot about it.  Until....Paul sent me some of these pics on my cell phone.  He had gotten the kids up and out the door to get to this before he had to be at work. 


One of the guys offered to let the kids in the basket and then took off about 5 feet in the air. They loved it.  Audrey wanted to "blast off" and she wants to go up high in a "purple one next time".




We were really excited for the Tour of Utah coming back to town.  We were busy on Friday night so we made plans to cheer them on Saturday and Sunday.  This is Saturday as they made their way down Big Cottonwood and then up Little for a finish at Snowbird.  


The finish of the whole event was in Park City on Sunday.  We went up for the festivities.  Paul and the kids were able to see them start the day(I was doing some biking myself) and then they colored the finish line. 




 It was so much fun cheering on the bikers at the finish line.  The atmosphere was full of so much energy.


Finish Line

No comments:

Post a Comment