Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Audrey is 1 YEAR old!



This was way past bedtime and after a busy day so she was very tired.


Colin singing "happy birthday"



Walking on her birthday


I can't believe my baby girl is 1 already. Time definitely goes so much faster the 2nd time around. I have been in, or close to, tears many times in the last few days as this day approached. I'm not ready for her to be growing up.

Audrey has had a busy month again. This month she became a walker! About 3 weeks ago she let go of the couch to take one step to the other couch. She had never let go before, she would ALWAYS get down on her knees to crawl. So I decided we should start working with her on it. Paul and I started having her take a few steps between us over that weekend. By the end of the weekend she had taken up to 7 steps. Most of her attempts were pretty wobbly and ended up with falls but every now and then she'd walk up to 7 steps. Over the next two weeks she kept walking further and further, but only between Paul and I. If she wanted to get from one place to another she still crawled. This past week she has really started being a walker. She sometimes gets down and crawls but a lot of the time that she wants to get somewhere she will walk to do it. She loves to take off walking and will walk from me to the couch and back a dozen times and laugh and get all excited as she does it. She is so much more steady but obviously still falls a lot. Luckily she's a good faller.

She's starting to imitate us a lot. She tries to put on her own shoes or tries to "sing" with us. She'll go "egh egh egh" every time someone coughs. She holds up phones to her ear and laughs and laughs when you say "hello". She comes over to me and cuddles with a big hug and says "awe awe awe".

She had a big fall this month. Somehow she managed to squeeze between the rails and fell down the stairs. Luckily she was fine but I was pretty shook up by it. Now the rail is all boarded up and looks so pretty.

She's a really good eater. She takes 3 bottles during the day and one before bed. We just started using some milk in those bottles and she seems to be adjusting to it pretty well. She eats just about everything we put in front of her. She is on table food for most everything but I'm still trying to use up some baby food. I also like to giver her some rice cereal because it's high in iron and her iron was low at her last dr's appointment.

She's doing okay with sleeping. This month I decided that I was no longer going to let her have a bottle during the night. I came to the realization that she was almost 1 and couldn't keep getting up. It took a few nights for her to get used to it but she quickly did. She sleeps through the night a lot of the time but still has nights where she wakes up and whines/wimpers and sometimes does it for up to an hr(like when we were in Moab and all sharing a room). She's only gotten up one night in the last 10 days though so we're getting there.

She's still in size 3 diapers and in mostly 12 month clothes.

She has 6 teeth now, 4 on top and 2 on the bottom.

I thought that I would do a "year in monthly chair pictures" but I didn't do any "0 month" pictures. So....here are a couple newborn pictures from the hospital and her newborn photo shoot.

Newborn





1 month


2 months


3 months


4 months


5 months


6 months


7 months


8 months


9 months



10 months


11 months


1 year old


I think it is crazy to look at all these pictures and see her grow. I also realize she sure has some cute clothes!

I'll post more about her actual birthday later, this was more just her monthly post.

No comments:

Post a Comment