Saturday, April 30, 2011

Big Boy Bed



Colin is sleeping in a toddler bed now! I have always been in the mindset that I wanted to keep him in his crib until he was climbing out. I just felt better knowing that he was "stuck" while we were sleeping. I didn't have to worry about anything. However, he wasn't showing any signs of ever climbing out. I realized that eventually I would just have to move him, just because he was too old to sleep in a crib anymore. I decided that we'd switch his crib sometime this summer. We are heading to NY in August and he won't have a crib there. I wanted to make sure he was used to sleeping with "freedom" before we went. We took a trip to Moab a few weeks ago and were lucky to have 2 pack n plays while we were there. However, we're going to St George in a few weeks and he won't have a pack n play. So we decided that we'd switch the crib now.

We made the switch a couple of weeks ago(I'm just getting around to posting about it). It has gone as easily as I could have ever hoped. He has still gone down for bedtime and his naps the same as always. No problems. The first few mornings he would just call for us to come get him when he woke up. He is now getting up and coming out looking for us. He has a toddler alarm clock and knows that it isn't time to get up unless the "green light is on". He has been wonderful about abiding by that. We haven't had any issues with him getting up too early with his new "freedom".

He is so cute when he gets up. He grabs all of his stuffed animals and drags them out into the living room saying "green light on, time to get up".

I am glad we waited and glad that it went so smoothly. I hope it stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment