Sunday, April 10, 2011

Slickrock and Music

Last weekend we went to Moab. Tara had mentioned that they were going to do go do some mountain biking. The weather was going to be beautiful on Saturday and I have been dying to get out biking so I really wanted to go. It took some convincing to get Paul to agree to the idea though. I got out of work early and we drove down on Friday afternoon during the kids' naps. It worked out great. They both slept almost the whole way. We stopped at a rest stop quick for Colin to go potty at the end of the drive. He is still pretty terrified of public restrooms. He wouldn't even go on his potty in the restroom. So....we set his potty up outside and then just took it in to dump it. We definitely have to figure out how to get him past this fear.

We got in and Matt made us dinner. The kids went to bed easily. Matt and Jen had their second daughter a few months ago so now they just have 1 guest room. We all(both kids, us and the dogs) slept in the same room. It went alright. It's better than a hotel because we'd be doing the same thing there but all have to go to bed at the same time. We didn't sleep the greatest the first night but all passed out tired the 2nd night.

On Saturday Jen asked someone to come help her and they watched the kids so we could all go biking. I decided to rent a bike since mine isn't very good. I loved the bike I rented and now I know how much I need a new one. It was a beautiful day, 80 and overcast. We went and did the Slickrock trail. I had done the practice loop a few times but had never done the full loop. It is 10.5 miles and very difficult. It's one of the most popular mountain biking trails in the world.

It was hard, really hard. I probably had no right to be there. But...it was a lot of fun. I had to get off my bike quite a bit but the time spent on my bike was so fun. Ben, Tara, and Theresa went a little faster than us but we finished in 3 1/2 hrs.











Some videos of our biking




After biking we made a spaghetti dinner and then took the kids into town for some ice cream. There was a band playing outside and Colin heard the music and wanted to go find it. He had so much fun watching the band and listening to the music. He was the center of attention.



Sunday morning we were planning on going hiking with the kids and dogs but the weather was horrible. We ended up just heading home early. The kids did really well on the drive home and we got back in time to unpack and get ready for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment