Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Audrey's Nursery

Audrey's nursery had a lot of thought put into it. I knew that I wanted it to be purple. And I knew that I didn't want to buy a bedding set. I don't use a bumper and it seems crazy to spend so much money when I don't even use the most expensive part of the set. I found a set that I really liked and we purchased some fabric from it. We then went to JoAnn's and bought some fabric that would match it. During my pregnancy I kept coming up with things that I wanted to make for her room. However, I didn't have the time or energy to get it all done and my mom ended up doing most of it. Here are the projects that we did.

This is the window covering that Paul and I made. We hung a black out shade behind it. I think it turned out well. This pic also shows the painting job that Paul did and the trim work. The chair is before we covered it.



My mom covered this lamp


My mom made these coasters with Modpodge


This is the crib skirt that I made


When we bought the chair we thought that we would just leave it the stripes. We couldn't handle that it didn't match. Paul really couldn't handle it. My mom recovered it for us when she was here.


She also covered this pillow


My mom made this quilt out of the fabric that I picked out


Paul's grandma Curry drew this picture before she passed away. We were excited to be able to use it in the nursery. Paul made the frame.


My mom made this bow holder, also with Modpodge


I made these closet organizers. They now have sizes on them to divide her clothes


I love how the nursery turned out and I love that there are so many personal touches that we did ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment