Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Park

When we decided to have another child we hoped for a spring birth. The main reason for this was Colin’s hospital stay at 4 months old. He started daycare in January, at 4 months, in the middle of cold and flu season. He ended up with RSV and spent 4 days in the hospital. We wanted to do what we could to hopefully help the next child not have the same experience. We decided that it would be best if the baby was born April(ish). This is the very end of flu season and allows the baby to be as old as possible before the next cold/flu season starts.

Having a baby in April had another bonus…..a nice weather maternity leave for me! I was so excited to be able to enjoy the outdoors while I was home. I spent my pregnancy dreaming about walks with the kids and dogs and days spent at the park, zoo, or having an outdoor lunch with Paul. Well, the weather hasn’t agreed with my plans so far. For some reason, winter in Utah decided to start in March instead of end there. We haven’t had very good weather since Audrey was born. There have been a handful of days but more bad weather than good. So when we had a nice day I was excited to get out and go to the park. We packed up the kids, the dogs, lawn chairs, toys, and stroller and headed over. It was a nice day and we had a great time. But it was a lot of work. Luckily my mom was with me because I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it with both kids and both dogs by myself. The dogs wanted to run around and play and Colin wanted to play on the playground. At the same time, Audrey decided she was ready to eat. Like I said, it was a lot of work. I am glad we went though, we all had a lot of fun.

Colin and I at the park


Our little set up


Audrey enjoying her day at the park


The dogs staying put


Colin playing on the playground


Getting ready to go down the slide

No comments:

Post a Comment