Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Last Day of Maternity Leave(Monday, July 12th)

I thought I would do a post of our daily activities/routines while I was home on maternity leave. SO, since it's my last day home, I better do it today.

Today started at 6:45 when Paul opened the garage door to go to work. This woke Colin up and he was ready for the day. He always has to bring both his dogs and both his Elmos out of the crib with him.


His morning routine includes sitting on the couch and watching "Elmo T" which translates to Elmo on the tv. He did this for about 15 minutes while drinking some "moo" or as we call it, milk.



He told me "potty" as he was getting ready to poop and then wanted to go sit on the potty. However, we have yet to get him onto the potty before he actually goes. I then chased him around the house for 10 minutes to get his diaper back on and get him dressed. He had waffles for breakfast.



Audrey got up just before 8 o'clock.



I got her up, changed her, and then fed her while Colin played with his cars on the coffee table in front of me.



After feeding, she hung out on the couch with me for a bit while I pumped.



Then we all played together on the floor. Audrey did tummy time and Colin played basketball.



Afterwards, I got around and finished getting the kids around and we headed out to Walmart. Now, I can't say this is a typical day on maternity leave because it is actually the first time I have taken both the kids somewhere by myself. I keep on being paranoid that I'm going to get out, Audrey will need to eat, and I won't be able to contain Colin while I feed her. She is pretty predictable now and we were able to time this trip during a nap. However, because we were out, she only took a short and interrupted nap.




When we got back from Walmart Colin and I played outside for a bit while Audrey was in her swing.



Then, she was ready to eat again. Colin went out to swing with Papa while I fed Audrey.

After Audrey was done eating, she fell asleep in the swing and it was time for Colin to eat lunch. The only problem was, after saying he wanted to eat he then decided he didn't want to. It was an ordeal that included a meltdown. He ended up eating some and then headed in to read books and go down for a nap. He went down at noon.

Audrey asleep in the swing



Since they were both sleeping I decided to go workout for a bit. I have been able to get workouts in most days of my maternity leave. Either I could time it while both of them were sleeping or I'd be able to do it while my dad took Colin for a walk and Audrey slept. Working out has been a little tough since the accident though, I can't do too much without getting pretty sore. So I just did 45 mins on the elliptical.

After my workout I got an shower and got around. I was able to sit down for a few minutes before Audrey woke up. I fed her again at 1:45 and then Colin woke up at 2. We had to head out after he got up to pick up Papa from a dr's appointment.

When we got home we all played for a bit. Audrey got more tummy time and then Colin and Audrey played together while she was in the bouncer. I got a load of laundry in and took out some chicken for dinner.





Audrey went down for a nap at 3:40, finally getting one in her crib instead of the carseat or swing. That nap didn't last long. She was up again in 30 minutes.

I continued cooking dinner and fed Audrey again while dad took Colin for a walk.



When they got back we picked up and vacuumed the floor.
This is what the floor looked like before we picked up


The floor after being cleaned



Dinner was at 5:30 and Colin ate much better than he did at lunch. Daddy got home a little after 6, after going to Costco to pick up some groceries and get gas in my car.

Audrey was up until 6:45 when she fell asleep on my lap. She can't quite make it to that last feeding yet without needing a little cat nap. Colin proceeded to strew toys all over our recently cleaned living room until bedtime. Daddy got Colin chagned into his pjs. At 7:15 Audrey got back up and at 7:35 I headed in to read books to Colin and put him to bed. Afterwards I fed Audrey and then pumped. Paul and I worked on getting everything ready for my first day back to work and the kids going to daycare and then were able to sit for a few minutes and watch tv. Audrey had a hard time going to sleep and didn't go down until 9:30. We were in bed shortly after that. It was a busy day. I'm going to miss days like these when I'm back at work.


A post about our day wouldn't be complete without a picture of this

No comments:

Post a Comment