Thursday, June 24, 2010

Harbor Hotel

We had decided that when we went to NY we were going to take the opportunity to leave the kids with my mom and go away for the night. We ended up getting a room at the Harbor Hotel in Watkins Glen. It is right on the lake and we had a lakeside room with a balcony. After our rough trip getting to NY, it was a much needed break. We had a casual dinner at the bar with half price appetizers and drinks. I couldn't believe the size of my glass of wine that only cost me $3. You don't get drinks that size in Utah. I had a cabernet from Glenora and really liked it. Paul had a local heffeweisen that was on tap and he really liked that too. After dinner we went out for ice cream. There are so many ice cream shops at home. We don't have that here in Utah either. We went to bed early and got 12 hrs of sleep. It was wonderful, and much needed. In the morning we got up, worked out in the gym, and headed back to my mom's. We weren't away long but I was missing the kids. And, I didn't want to spend too long away. We were in NY to visit family and our trip was already shortened by the missed flight.



The hotel


Our room


View from our room




On the dock at sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment