Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Uneventful, but Very Busy

The title is what describes our weekend. We didn't really DO anything, but it was very busy.


Friday night we had a family date night. It was a lot of fun. We went downtown to the Gateway. We had dinner at Happy Sumo. They actually have a great little kid's meal that Colin enjoyed. Then we took Colin down to the fountains to play in the water. He wasn't too impressed. He really liked watching the water, but didn't really like the "wet" and "splashed" part. Paul was able to get him in it some but not too much. After that we went and got frozen yogurts. It was a great night. However, I didn't realize the camera battery was dead so I have no pictures.

On Saturday morning I went into work. My first day of work. I only had to go in for a couple of hours but it was still so hard to leave. It wasn't too bad though. I half felt like I had just left last week, and half felt like I hadn't been there in forever. They hired two more Heathers while I was gone. So now there will be four of us. I am on call for evals the rest of the week but hope I don't have to go in too much.

The rest of the weekend was spent getting ready for our company that comes this week. Paul had a ton to do but I had done a most of my stuff during the week and only had a few things left. I planted some flowers in our planters on the front step. They had just been growing weeds and I realized this week how bad they were looking. I also started putting together a meal plan for the week, and therefore a grocery list, to be followed by lots of grocery shopping. And then we got a few errands out of the way Sunday afternoon.

I had been looking for popsicle molds for weeks. I have given Colin freezy pops a couple of times because we have them at the house. He loved them but I decided I really don't want him having them because there is nothing about them that is good for him. So, I desperately wanted to make Colin some healthier popsicles but I couldn't find the molds anywhere. Finally I thought that maybe Bed Bath and Beyond would have them so I sent Paul to find some. And they did! I'm so excited. I made him 2 popsicles out of yogurt, and two out of this fruit/veggie juice that I buy him.

The flowers I planted



Enjoying the nice weather outside




Colin really liked his popsicle. I gave him the fruit/veggie juice one. I tasted it and it wasn't very good. I hadn't tasted the juice yet. But he loved it! He understood using the straw to drink out the bottom but he didn't understand not to tip the bottom and he still made quite a mess out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment