Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Angels

Angels were definitely watching over Audrey and I today. We were in an awful car accident but are both doing fine.

I went in to work today to do a couple of evals. Audrey went and hung out with Daddy while I went it. Afterwards I went and picked her up and headed home. We were just about home, just a few miles away when it happened. We were driving south on Wasatch just a little bit past La Caille restaurant. There was a guy in a white Lincoln Continental driving the other direction. Per the police officer and paramedics on the scene it is suspected he had a heart attack or he was having diabetic sugar issues. He apparently blacked out at the wheel. He totally swerved and came high speed at us. I tried to swerve out of the way but didn't succeed. He hit us, essentially t-boned us, on the driver side. The driver's side is also the side of the car that Audrey is on. We were spun and flipped and landed on the top of the car. The passenger front window broke and I was able to climb out. Mario, another driver who stopped, got Audrey out of the car for me. She was hanging upside down, but still securely in her seat. We were both taken by ambulance to the hospital. Audrey has a scratch on her chin but other than that seems just fine. I hurt, just about everywhere, but also don't seem to have any major injuries. We are very thankful to be safe.

The civic however, has seen it's day. We will now be in the market for a new car. :O(



Driver's side of the car, where he hit. This is also the side that Audrey was sitting in her carseat.











Did I mention....she ONLY had a scratch on her chin?!

2 comments:

  1. Heather, oh my God! I am so happy that you are both safe! Please don't hesitate to call if you need ANYTHING! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather! I just found your blog through Cora's. I can't believe that! I am so glad you are okay. It looks like angels really were watching out for you! Your family is so cute. I just want to reach through the screen and love on that baby. :)

    ReplyDelete